Cerrado para nuevas respuestas.

Tankian

Ahora vengo, ahora me voy
Registro
31 May 2005
Reacciones
JOSH+T+PEARSON.jpg

Venga, vámonos.

Siempre he sido de los que creen que las buenas artes está íntimamente relacionadas con la biografía del autor, también tengo debilidad por los sonados. Lift To Experience fue una banda tejana que sacó un disco doble enorme de debut en 2001, aclamado por la crítica (ahora) y tan grande que decidieron que no lo iba a hacer mejor y se disolvieron. El cantante se compró una casa en la montaña y desapareció años, después se casó y se divorció. Con el divorcio se le fue la pinza del todo y si en el disco con el grupo la influencia del abuelo predicador ya se notaba en la obsesión con el próximo Apocalipsis en el que la joven América debía volver a la Tierra Prometida (antes de los atentados del 11-S), ahora que está solo y desatado puede dar rienda suelta a largas letanías sobre el desamor, estar como unas maracas y crujir a la mujer. The Last of the Country Gentlemen es el trabajo de diez años de un autor de los buenos, de un tío que se va a vivir a Berlín porque le han pagado el viaje para competir en el mundial de barbas a cambio de un concierto y que se ha quedado a vivir en Europa porque cuando le falta el dinero saca la guitarra y se mete en un garito para pillar 100€, es el único disco que ha terminado en todos estos años porque cuando cantaba estas canciones, que le parecen demasiado tristes, la gente le daba las gracias por ser capaz de tirarse diez minutos alargando algo que podría hacer en cuatro.

El disco es así como podría ser de cualquier otra forma, grabado en uno o dos días, las canciones son así de casualidad, porque cada vez que las toca se las inventa sobre la marcha tirando de repeticiones de HARD FOLK PROGRESSIVE y un leitmotiv de cuatro o cinco notas que le da algo de coherencia y que hará que o le améis con locura loca u os caguéis en su puta madre. En Pitchfork, que no tienen puta idea, le han dado un cuatro; yo le amo un montón y le va a caer entre un diez y un nueve con noventa. Esencialmente, un tío bien jodido que se ha quedado solo, sólo que tiene el talento como para contarlo haciéndolo bonito en vez de darte la brasa en el bar.

Don't cry for me babe, I'll learn to live without you
Don't cry for me babe, you'll learn to live without me
Don't cry, no don't you cry for me

'Cause I'm off to save the world

Thou Art Loosed es una letanía-introducción de tres minutos que, efectivamente, funciona mejor combinándola con una versión de Bonnie M.

Para ver este contenido, necesitaremos su consentimiento para configurar cookies de terceros.
Para obtener información más detallada, consulte nuestra página de cookies.

joshtpearson_artistoftheweek.jpg

Nnnnnnnng, Sweetheart I Ain’t Your Christ.

I ain’t your Saviour or your Christ or your goddamn sacrifice
And when I said I’d give my life, I weren’t talkin’ suicide

And I’m so tired of trying to make it right, for a girl who just won’t come to the light
Night after night after night after Christ-haunted night
And how you bring your gifts to me
Tied-up and bound in their bows of pink
And gently place them at my feet, like I’m some dying Christmas tree
And drop down to your sexy kitten knees
Sweetly fold your hands and plead for me to suck out some disease, I can’t even begin to see

You don’t need a lover or a friend
You need a god and not a mortal man
Woman you need born again, again
You need a Saviour and I´m just am not him

And so you sing to me your songs
And how you hum your holy verse
And try to teach my tongue to talk
Cuz you think it’ll cure some curse
But that dust of death it’s dug too deep, to be sung or swept right off your sweet
heart that lost its beat out there trying to light up cut down fallen men like me

I ain’t your Saviour or your Christ or your goddamn sacrifice
And when I said I’d give my life, I weren’t talkin’ suicide
And I’m so tired of trying to make it right, for a girl who won’t come to the light
Night after night after night after Christ-haunted night

I can bring you to the water
I can bring you to the shore
I can give all I have to give but Sweetheart
I can’t give you more
I can bring you to the water
But I sure as hell can’t make you drink
It ain’t Christmas time it´s Easter, Honey Bunny, and I ain’t the Saviour you so desperately need.

And you won’t be saved by saving me
No, you won’t be saved by saving me

There’s no need to cry those eyes
I’ll pack my bags and say goodbye
And my return in your lifetime, is more unlikely than King Jesus Christ’s
I’ll take up my gifts and walk the line
Take down my starry guiding Christmas lights
Say hello to the darkness my old friend, say hello to the sound of silence my dear sweet angel goodnight

Cuz Sweetheart, I ain’t your Christ
Sweetheart, I ain’t your Christ

El HUMOR según Josh T Pearson. Inspiración baptista para decirle a la mujer que es una puta mala, when I said I’d give my life, I weren’t talkin’ suicide (...) It ain’t Christmas time it´s Easter, Honey Bunny, and I ain’t the Saviour you so desperately need, lol.

Así y todo, la tranquilidad y la paz de la primera canción se empieza a tambalear, y del "pues me chupa un pie, estoy mejor solo" pasa a un "hombre, la culpa no ha sido mía, yo lo he intentado, pero es ella que está loca. Creo que estoy mejor solo". Es la que pone como más representativa de lo que hace, por cierto.

Para ver este contenido, necesitaremos su consentimiento para configurar cookies de terceros.

josh-t-pearson500x300.jpg

Tira delante mío : ).

Woman When I’ve Raised Hell
Woman when I’ve raised hell, you’re gonna know it
There won’t be a shadow of doubt in your bright little mind
No pictures left hangin’ only lonely unpainted nails
Ah Honey you’ll connect those dots read the writin’ on the walls

Woman when I’ve raised hell, heaven knows you’re gonna know it
Don’t make me rule this home with the back of my hand
Just let me sit alone in this chair, my own make believe little throne
Ah Honey and collect the thoughts that’ll help me to stand

Honestly, why can’t you just let it be
And let me quietly drink myself to sleep
I said honestly, it’s not what it appears to be
But only memories that ain’t got shit to do with you

Woman when I’ve raised hell, you’re gonna know it
Ah Honey you’ll connect those dots read the writtin’ on the wall

Woman when I’ve raised hell, there won’t be a star left untouched in your sky
When my lightening crashes across that night
No shadows of doubt or of turnin’ in that questioning’ little mind
Just a burnin’ rekindled truth and one single agonizin’ blinding white light

Cuz honestly, Honey you are the Queen
But you had better leave or I will be forced to be King
So now quietly, without questions or screams
Just gently leave it well enough alone

Woman when I’ve raised hell, you of all people are gonna know it
There’ll be nothin’ not nailed down left unturned in this home
Then your old friend silence will creep back into this pettiest of all places
He’ll ask you again, “Which is better or for worse, livin’ with me or livin’ with all my ghosts?”

Honestly, why can’t you just let it be
And let me quietly drink myself to sleep
Honestly, it’s not what it appears to be
But only memories that ain’t got shit to do with you

Woman when I’ve raised hell, heaven knows you’re gonna know it
Ah Honey you’ll connect those dots read the writin’ on the walls

Entrando en el panteón de canciones sobre crujir/matar mujeres, con Cocaine Blues, Malo, Delia´s Gone o Where The Wild Roses Grow, Pearson hace flashback y vuelve a estar su casa con la mujer, donde le repite que la culpa no es suya. Que la mujer es una loca ya lo sabíamos, ahora también sabemos que es mala y que no deja siquiera un momento de paz a nuestro héroe para tomarse su julepe de menta tranquilo en el sofá con su Biblia y su escopeta, contándole sus mierdas y sus tú ya no me quieres; que lo que está pasando no es ni mucho menos lo peor, está haciendo todo lo que puede por contenerse y hay una sincera reticencia a darle con la mano abierta (Don’t make me rule this home with the back of my hand (...) Cuz honestly, Honey you are the Queen But you had better leave or I will be forced to be King. So now quietly, without questions or screams, Just gently leave it well enough alone), pero no está haciendo que las cosas mejoren, y cuando se le inflen los cojones de verdad se va a dar cuenta, porque le van a caer hostias hasta en el cielo de la boca, there won’t be a star left untouched in your sky.

:_____)

josh-1.jpg

(I)(8) Me mata esta dualidad,
me distrae y me destruye.
Mas mírame a la cara, mujer,
pórtate como un hombre

y hazme el amor como un toro robusto,
con algo de rencor, sin encontrarle el gusto.
Pero hazme el amor detrás de unos arbustos.
Luego, en el ascensor, un coitus interruptus. (8)(/I)

Honeymoon Is Great, I Wish You Were Her

I’m in love with another woman who simply ain’t my wife
She haunts my every thought, she taunts my troubled mind
She ghosts right through my body like a phantom on the wings of the night
I’m in love with a woman who simply ain’t my wife

I’m in love with an amazing woman, she just is not my wife
What will I tell my pastor, friends, my family or said blushin’ bride?
I cannot seem to pray this preyin’ madness off my troubled mind
Lord, I just didn’t see this comin’ in my life

Don’t ask me what I’m thinkin’, Honey, you know I cannot lie
I’m day-drinkin’ about seeing that woman and it’s drunk drivin’ my mind’s eye blind
It’s got me howlin’ at the honeymoon, like some lone werewolf under the weird green lights
I don’t know what I’m thinkin’, but I know I just can’t think or drink her off my troubled mind

I’m thinkin’ I wish you were her
I wish you were her
Oh flesh of my flesh, I wish that you were her
And I know that it hurts and that nothin’ could be worse (than to hear)
The honeymoon’s great, but I wish that you were her

Whenever we make love, I’m made sadder every time
Cuz I feel like I am cheatin’ on a woman who is not my wife
I feel like she can see me, like she’s starin’ right through your goddamned eyes
I kiss your lips and I feel her whisper back up into mine

She’s sayin’ I wish I was her
I wish I was her
To the bone of her bones, I wish that I was her
But I’m just the ghost in her shell, that’s gonna haunt you like a hell
I hope your honeymoon’s great honey, but I too am wishin’ that I was your her

I’m in love with another woman, please don’t tell the wife
I cannot seem to stop it and it’s fuckin’ up my fucked up life
I’m haunted by a face that could set a thousand war ships to flight
It floats right through my body like a fragrance on the winds of the night
These visions of eternal love cloud my judgment and they blind mine eyes
And as the wings of this heavenly dove, trouble the water, trouble the winds of my many oh so troubled minds, I’m howlin’, the honeymoon’s great, but I wish that she were her

If it’s not one thing it’s a mother, fuck her. You’ll leave and I’ll be left alone to wonder
If I was with her, would I start wishin’ that she were you?
It’d be kinda funny, honey. if it weren’t so damn true
I’d gauge my eyes right out if I thought it would help me not to see her when I looked at you

And I got too much time on my hands, for these nightmare day dreams
But there’s a few things if I could I’d rearrange
And it’d be kinda funny, Honey, if it weren’t so damn true
I can’t help myself darlin’, I swear to god I’m sorry, for wishin’ that she were you

Hell knows what any of this means, Heaven knows a man can’t control his dreams
God knows I ain’t no Christ and Christ knows I’d never dream of harmin’ my wife
And yeah the honeymoon’s great, but I wish that she were her
God knows I ain’t no Christ, Christ knows I’d never dream of harmin’ my wife
But I’m thinkin’ the Honeymoon’s great and I can’t stop wishin’ that she were her

Se acaba de casar y nuestro pichabrava tejano se ve afectado por el síndrome "de repente, todas tienen mejor culo y tetas que tú", en unos cuatro primeros versos rotundos y cojonudos. Se plantea contárselo a su pastor, como debe ser por (a) coño, es el representante de Dios en la Tierra y (b) si se lo cuenta a un amigo se acabará enterando la mujer, pero que para qué, así que hace lo que todos: fantasea, se jode él y a la mujer con la indecisión hasta odiarla y follársela con ascazo mientras la otra le susurra amorío. Y al final es lo más lógico, porque si hubiera tirado a por la otra la querría a ella. Dramas, alargar el drama (en este caso, no cenar tetas extramaritales) hasta que no tiene más que decir, referencias a Cristo Redentor, joderse la vida solo y terminar la canción.

De esta no hay un vídeo decente, así que pongo este directo de tres canciones y veinte minutos en medio de la calle donde destaca especialmente cuando se va a mirar escaparates y cuando para el tráfico tocando en medio de la carretera hasta que termina la estrofa.

pearsonBanner.jpg

QUIÉREME.

Sorry With A Song

This time you asked where I rested my head last night
Last time you left I got my drunk ass whupped in a fight
My whole life’s been one cliched country unfinished line after line after line after line
It's been the curse of my crazy koo-kooed up clocks most all of my lifes time after time after time

From the start I told you of my dark colourful chequered past, ya had to ask and how I ruined the lives of those I loved without so much as a bass ackwards glance
And the long winding roads buried down and blacked out towards recovery
And how it took the great god Jehovah His self to re-uncover me

I said sometimes it’s better just not to ask
But your love stood strong and pressed hard-on through that

Maybe I should´ve lied but my two wrongs wouldn´t a made it right.
And however pathetic it sounds upon it’s hearing it’s true I have been tried
and have tried, and god knows I’ve asked him why

So do you want me back or to back pack up all of my things
Maybe If I had not drank
All of my money behind the bars I just coulda bought you a ring
And from the last doin´ time I got those walkin’ papers bailed up and outta your jail I’d barely been unpacked and that makes twice now in four to six months that I’ve had to ask your ass back

Sweetheart you just gotta let me know
Should I stay and if not, where the hell you reckon I oughta go?
I know it’s backass thinkin’ but please forgive what I do when I´ve been drinkin’ when I’m down and out so lost, lonesome and alone

You know I ain’t the letter writin’ kind print or type but then back when we started this romancingly stoned little adventure bitch I done told your ass now twice
And I know, that I know, that I know, no one knows more that than I, that I was wrong and still I can barely say I’m sorry with the fuckin’ song

And If you don’t want it that I should stay, just say
I’ll understand your needs either way, come what may

I know it´s all my fault and the bloody marriage to the deep alco-hole
I know it’s sad to say but right now these shots keep me sane, sober and alive

I love you more humanly possible than mere earthly words could describe and if I tried even in the heavenly tongues it’s purity mere language would still simply just pervert

And what little I am able to know of love I know that it hurts, it’s sick, it’s sick, it’s sick
It’s a sickness unto death and it’s a hell and at it’s best well hell there just ain’t nothin’ worse

I ain’t strung out or playing games stringin that lovely sass along and I’ve tried and I’ve tried and I’ve tried to explain myself, my sins, my heart, and my oh so very wrongs

Believe me babe it ain’t you hell knows why I do the dumb shit I do-do or think but dammit, heaven knows my heart It has been tried and has tried and god knows I’ve asked him why

And I know it don’t make it right singin’ a simple lullaby
But please accept my humble song.

It ain’t got shit to do with you and by god that’s god’s honest truth
There’s more in a man than the liquor and the lust that can make him anything
but strong

And your the guiding light for which I live and I have nothing else that I could give and so I sing to you my song
And no, it’s not an excuse when I confess my love to you
And say I´m sorry with a song.

And woman when you know that I’m still runnin’, but your love if it keeps on comin’
I’m bound to circle round, line up, staring straight back into you.

And I know it don´t make it right singing a simple lullaby
But please accept my sorry with a song

Después de decidir que está mejor sin ella, ponerla de loca, amenazar con curtirle el lomo y maldecirla por no ser otra, el alegre juglar decide que la chica no es tan mala y que lo mismo debería pedirle perdón para seguir queriéndose y yendo a comer helados paseando de la mano. Pasa, además, de las parrafadas de la anterior dándole vueltas a por qué estaría mejor zumbándose a otra a, desde el segundo verso, (My whole life’s been one cliched country unfinished line after line after line after line. It's been the curse of my crazy koo-kooed up clocks most all of my lifes time after time after time) un bombardeo de excusas, autoinculpaciones y peticiones de perdón baby quiéreme eres todo lo que tengo. Como ya es un poco tarde, no deja de ser la confirmación de lo catártico de todo el disco, donde ha pasado de los estados de euforia (contenida) del principio a la tristeza del asunto y la autocompasión que EMPIEZA AHORA.

Y, así y todo, hay una grabación espídica que bien puede ser porque no tuviera tiempo para tocarla entera, porque fuese puesto de lo que fuera (aunque yo me lo hago más de benzos, como todo hombre de bien) o, en la interpretación más bonita y que me invento porque somos muy amigos de tomar café y empalmarlo con borracheras de tener que llamar el lunes a cancelar la tarjeta del banco: porque la retahíla de excusas y lloros no sea más que un "venga, te digo lo que quieres oír, vamos a dejar esto tranquilo (ni a follar, siquiera)". Pero vamos, que tampoco apostaría dos euros, porque un poco jodido sí que se le ve.

Las dos últimas van de que la echa de menos y que quiere follársela y que está muy solo.

1 Thou Art Loosed 9.99
2 Sweetheart I Ain't Your Christ 10
3 Woman, When I've Raised Hell 10
4 Honeymoon's Great! Wish You Were Her 9.99
5 Sorry with a Song 10
6 Country Dumb 10
7 Drive Her Out 10

Media: 9.99

Es la versión 2.0 de la tesina que escribí en el foro música. He cambiado una coma y añadido una centésima a la nota de dos canciones.

Lo de la escena de Country-Noir de Denver y demás va luego. Es Wovenhand y esas cosas.

Ah, que esto funciona asi ahora ¿?

Todos a traer sus hilos "guapos" de sus subforos para quedar de listos y guays ante una nueva audiencia. ¿ Teneis cinco años ?

Bonita tesina, acojonante. Duerme tranquilo, eres listo y de gustos elevados.

No, es que lo tenía desperdigado por varios mensajes en un hilo y lo he traído para que lo vieras. Si vemos que el foro no tira siempre podemos copiar los hilos experimentales del subforo de vacas sagradas.

Ah, que esto funciona asi ahora ¿?

Todos a traer sus hilos "guapos" de sus subforos para quedar de listos y guays ante una nueva audiencia. ¿ Teneis cinco años ?

Bonita tesina, acojonante. Duerme tranquilo, eres listo y de gustos elevados.

La frenética actividad desde ayer, desde que se instauró la medida ha hecho que los canis sevillanos que tienen el server del foro hayan tenido que comprar dos bolsas de hilo para que no se caliente demasiado el cacharro, no te digo más.

Lo de la escena de Country-Noir de Denver y demás va luego. Es Wovenhand y esas cosas.

Hilazo que me ha descubierto a un tío que no conocía y suena de lujo.
Wovenhand tiene cosas que me molan bastante, al igual que 16 horsepower, cuyo tema Black Soul Choir me parece una maravilla.

Hace unos días escuché al zumbado este por spotify -gracias a tu insufrible posteo, donde uno descubre que J.T. Pearson es tu nueva fijación y la Newsom ha pasado a la categoría de juguete roto- y me pareció bastante interesante, aunque eso sí, un poco coñazo. Por cierto, pon el link de descarga del disquito.

:3

Juro que me iba a leer el ladrillo, pero paso, es un puto coñazo cuando haceis un post y no poneis las fotos gordas en spoiler, porque se pierde el texto a la derecha, y además lo hace un moderador... :face:

3309t12.jpg

La solución es quotearte todo el hilo como si fuera a responderte y darle a vista previa y entonces se ve bien, pero ya estoy hasta el carajo de tener que hacerlo solo porque no os sale de los webos meter las fotos de 1000x1000 en un puto spoiler.

PatoLaqueado rebuznó:
Juro que me iba a leer el ladrillo, pero paso, es un puto coñazo cuando haceis un post y no poneis las fotos gordas en spoiler, porque se pierde el texto a la derecha, y además lo hace un moderador... :face:

3309t12.jpg

La solución es quotearte todo el hilo como si fuera a responderte y darle a vista previa y entonces se ve bien, pero ya estoy hasta el carajo de tener que hacerlo solo porque no os sale de los webos meter las fotos de 1000x1000 en un puto spoiler.

Haber estudiao y así ahora podrías comprarte una pantalla más grande; pauper, que eres un pauper.

Sheik Yerbouti rebuznó:
Haber estudiao y así ahora podrías comprarte una pantalla más grande; pauper, que eres un pauper.

Eso ha estado muy feo, me has hecho daño, voy a llorar un rato.

PD: Tankian arregla el post please.

Al Barsa le veo bien, 2 empates, 1 victoria, 1 derrota. Estan luchando ahi ahi para ver quien hace mejor pretemporada junto al Atleti.

Este es el hilo musical?

ala pues, no se que escuchar ahora mismo así que os invito a hacer de djs y pongais vuestra mierda sonora.

MuMu Player PutaLocura

Loles como soles

Yo no sé si es la pedantería de unos,
la ironía de otros
o la infusión esta nueva que me han regalado,
pero no puedo parar de reír.

me he caido y casi no me deja entrar. Que alguien se monte una sala porque mi firewall anti paramore parece que banea a todos menos a Sheik.

A mí ya me han echao; Morzhilla se ha quedado a solas con su trabuco.

Bueno, ya está. Abrid un hilo para vuestras mierdas, que esto es mío.

Ole, ole.

Lo he escuchado sólo dos veces, tengo un montón de cosas atrasadas de unos días que he estado fuera, como el de Cats and Cats and Cats, que me la ha puesto bastante turgente. Total, que no tengo opinión formada. Ales me dijo con urgencia que caca, si te sirve; a mí no me pegó la hostia que me pegó el otro en la primera escucha decente que le he metido, eso también.

Otra vez no, por favor :lol:

El foro es un contínuo deja vu que implosionará el 31 de agosto. Al tiempo.

Ya que me lo pides por favor, voy a dedicarte un par de vídeos de David Eugene Edwards, alma mater de 16 Horsepower y ahora solo con Woven Hand (que esencialmente es él).

Banjolina, Apalaches, extremismo religioso = AMOR INCONDICIONAL.

Estado
Cerrado para nuevas respuestas.
Atrás
Arriba Pie