Viajes De string to practis inglish

• Iniciador del tema Iniciador del tema Fall3n
  • Fecha de inicio Fecha de inicio
Well, one thing is right, Brits DO speak a better english (doh!). No, I mean it, try asking for directions to a yank and then to a Brit. From the first you get:

- No idea, buddy.

While the second will answer:

- I am sorry, I haven't got a clue.

Cream.

paco_rábano rebuznó:
That's because American people cannot handle two different consecutive consonants. Their brain could implode. Ahhh, the American Dream... Go on sleeping America! But forever!
American people raised Hollywood industry. I'd like to ask Laurence Olivier what he would prefer: Hollywood or the umpteenth performance of Richard III in some english theater. Oh, you don't like movies, ok.

Yup. American English is way more extended in the world (thanks mostly by the movies and music) than the British one. Aussies' English sounds more like the latter though.

Una Bellísima Persona rebuznó:
American people raised Hollywood industry.

That's not true. Hollywood was raised by yids and krauts. They are the only believers in American Dream.

That's not true. Hollywood was raised by yids and krauts. They are the only believers in American Dream.
So jewish are not americans. Now come on...

I thought you couldn't speak/write in English. Why do you keep on asking for subtitles in the movies subforum of PL? Weird. You are a box of surprises.
I usually ask for subtitles for chinese, japanese or german movies, mostly. Anyway, there are some expressions and a lot of unknown words for me in English. That's what I love from this language, its richness. Spanish can't compete with that.

I'm not a troll, my friend, but sometimes I'd like to be a really big one so I could destroy one thing or two.

antonio dasmort rebuznó:
How many of them were born in the States??

Many of them were not even fluent in English !!!
For how long? Weren't their sons american neither? What about the people that developed the industry (and I'm not only talking about Zukor, Laemmle, Fuchs, Warner or Loew)? Do you think that Spielberg speaks with an english accent, man?

I retrieve this glorious thread, if the mod has no objection.

Just one issue; what do ye think about the future of this language?. I mean, if the anglo-saxon dominance dissapears, as gloomy people say, what will be the new lingua franca?.

PD: I like Desmond's accent, it's cool. I wanna speak like a scottish, brotha.

Basic English is the new lingua franca right now

Take internet or bussiness (or both): You have a new world at your disposition just by having a few-hundred-words English vocabulary...

But, mind you... This is not English.

You can transfer information between continents or have a conversation with asian or nordic staff, but not with British. Be sure of that.

I have learned a couple of languages, and in my limited experience I can tell you English is way easier than spanish to learn, even if only for the fucking 9 forms of each verb (Fun fact: Spanish share that complication with Russian language)

And in German you have to declinate names correctly based on their classification, like in latin, that makes it very complicated. English is very easy comparatively.

I AM a native speaker of English, so regarding my background the choices are limited. I thought it was pretty obvious that my spanish, while good enough for someone who spent in Spain half his life, was still a bit clumsy.

You filthy "guiri", get the hell out of this forum. So you are a yank, are you? :lol:

Anyways, I take your comment as a compliment

No worries mate!

I have learned a couple of languages, and in my limited experience I can tell you English is way easier than spanish to learn...

No way! Easy for you since it is your native language. English is no easy by any means. Ask any foreigners except those from Germanic backgrounds.

Anyway your written Spanish is great for a non-native speaker; I would like to hear your spoken Spanish though. You probably sound American.

Same here I can't pretend not having an accent when I spent most of my life in Spain. I am too told to change my vocal structure. Anyway I don't care anymore even though people ask me all the time about my background. It gets really annoying.

Cheers.

English morphology is quite simple, comparing it with most of indo-european languages. Its verb conjugation, for instance, is probably one of the easiest of all.

It's interesting the evolution that underwent from old english. Some scholars even assert that the evolution from englisc to middle english was creolelike. Modern english lost almost all of its declensions, except the genitive one (thought according to some experts is not really a declension).

On the other hand, its phonology is highly complex due to (not only), the number of vowels it has. Despite of the differences among dialects, their number is not less than 15. For example Received Pronunciation has 23 fucking vowels whereas American has just 19.

Catullus rebuznó:
On the other hand, its phonology is highly complex due to (not only), the number of vowels it has. Despite of the differences among dialects, their number is not less than 15. For example Received Pronunciation has 23 fucking vowels whereas American has just 19.

In English, phonology is not as important as confidence . Western England vowels sound completely different from Eastern or Northern England ones

Don't be fooled chaps: In Dublin Pub is said "Poob" like in Talavera de la Reina,
not "Pahf"

Oh aye!!! I didn´t know that site. So helpful to polish my pronunciation.

Thank you so much, my man. ;)

Mayayo rebuznó:
Spanglish incoming. Anyway, what are you really trying to say? Freaking hell, you funny dude.

Well, the guy is kinda lame, think is just trying to make friends... somehow.

When I´ll grow up I wanna speak english just like MisterM. :lol:

Mayayo, ¿Would you kindly... Tell me where are you from?

Just wanted to know, have a nice day. :D

Edit:
Li Ziming rebuznó:
I am too told to change my vocal structure. Anyway I don't care anymore even though people ask me all the time about my background. It gets really annoying.

Had not read it, please, only if it don't makes you remember about my mother. :lol:

Mayayo rebuznó:
Hi toxictoad,

Well, guess. Let's play a game.

Have a nice day as well.

Sorry, I am trying to figure out what you just wrote. Do you mind rephrasing it one more time?

Ta.

I edited it so many times, now I see that it finally get harder to understand than at the beginning. I'm sorry, I tried to say that if you are really annoyed about tell me where are you from, maybe you shouldn’t, because you're going to wish bad things to my mother (I think this expression only makes sense in Spanish). I'm sure you don't wish that to the good people because you are a peace man, so I just keep going on my way and I’ll be back when I learn how to explain myself correctly. :lol:
Sorry MisterM, but if Penelope makes your ears bleed, maybe this text will make your eyes do the same. :oops:

Arriba Pie